Pages

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

The Weekend



This is going to be a long weekend, I thought as I drove to my Uncle's house. He recently bought a new home and the coming weekend he have a house warming party plus pooja. I don't have any aversion to the coming event, my only concern is my relatives, the long gossip session and praises and criticism which doesn't seem to end. I just want this weekend to go by super fast. 

"Suhani beta, can you pick up Nidhi on your way to Delhi?" My Aunt called me for this tiny favor, I am m happy to oblige but the tiny problem is I am coming from Noida and she lives in Gurgoan. Can't she take a metro or something! It would be rude to make that suggestion hence I drove to Gurgoan first to pick up Nidhi. I haven't met Nidhi in years, she is my first cousin. Don't get me wrong, I love her and everything just we got out of touch and haven't spoken in 3 years. I guess work does that to you. 

Nidhi is doing her graduation and is in final year, when I reached her place I found her not waiting alone but she had her neighbors kid as well who was apparently travelling with us too. 

"Hi Didi, this is Jay, do you mind if he come with us?"

"Of course not. Hi Jay." I said to the kid.

"Hi" He said shifting on his leg then taking the back seat of the car.

"Thank you Didi for making this detour, Uncle wants Jay to come too and mummy is worried of me traveling in metro with Jay, he is only eight years old though he looks older for his age." My cousin said while Jay was smiling sheepishly.

"So what do you do jay?" I asked for the sake of making conversation.
"I am in 4th grade. And I love football." He said looking at my Manchester United cushions laying in the back seat. I like the kid already, may be this won't be that bad.

Me and my cousin were making small conversations, I don't know why but I am feeling this strange tension between us. We drove in silence then got stuck in heavy traffic.

"UGH! This is going to take forever!" I screamed in frustration, we have been stuck for twenty minutes now.

"Suhani Didi, why don't you see this time to resolve the tension between you two. And catch up." Jay said with beaming eyes. Looked at the eight year old boy , so he repeated.

"I mean, either you can curse the traffic or utilize the time. I suggest later."
I kept starting the boy, how this little boy is making so much of sense where we two elders are just getting frustrated.
Then Nidhi apologized for being mean to me many years ago and I finally let go of the grudge. 

"So I told you it wasn't that difficult. Now, let's play games while we are stuck here, " Jay said in upbeat tone. I looked at him again and in that moment I realized how beautiful life can be if only I see the positive sides of a situation rather than the frustrating angle. If we have a generation like jay then our country sure have a bright future and I was filled with so much happiness and hope that this weekend is going to be fun and memorable. Totally different from what I thought.


Visit #LookUp : https://housing.com/lookup

0 comments:

Post a Comment