Pages

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Mother


1.     “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” ― Washington Irving

2.     “No man is poor who has a Godly mother.” ― Abraham Lincoln

3.     “The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.”
― Karl Lagerfeld

4.     “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” ― George Washington

5.     “What's your heart telling you to do?
I don't know.'
Maybe, you're trying too hard to hear it.”
― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember

6.     “In a child's eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.”
― N.K. Jemisin, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms

7.     “Children are knives, my mother once said. They don’t mean to, but they cut. And yet we cling to them, don’t we, we clasp them until the blood flows.”
― Joanne Harris, The Girl with No Shadow

8.     “He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark.”

9.     ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

10.  “I loved my mother too,' I said. 'I still do. That's the thing - it never goes away, even if the person does.”
― Anna Carey, Eve

11.  “One of the best and the most painful things about time traveling has been the opportunity to see my mother alive.”
― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

0 comments:

Post a Comment